Update: As of October 1st 2015 there is once again a rebate available to Nova Scotia home owners for ductless heat pumps.
- The amount available is $300.00 and an additional $150 for each subsequent system or head that is installed to homes with electric heating or 2% financing for up to 5 years. Remember only homes with electric heating
- Home owners must purchase one of the approved cold climate ductless mini splits (see below for what models we sell that qualify)
- You must apply to get pre-approval prior to install of the unit with Efficiency Nova Scotia
- You must submit paper work and photos of the indoor and outdoor unit within 6 months of your pre-approval
- Applicant must be the owner of the residence to apply
- You must allow Efficiency Nova Scotia access to your homes energy usage
Heat Pumps we Sell that Qualify:
- Fujitsu RLS3, RLS3H, RLFF and RLFH single zone models
- Fujitsu 18,000 and 24,000 BUT H model multi zone models
- LG Prestige Models
- Mitsubishi FE and FH single zone models
- Mitsubishi MXZ multi zone models
The first step is to gather quotations for the installation of a unit that qualifies. Once you have your quotes you complete the Green Heat Pre-Approval form (click here for the form). Once you have your pre-approval you can schedule your installation.
Heat Pump Financing by Nova Scotia Power
While it’s not a rebate Nova Scotia Power is offering great financing to Nova Scotia homeowners looking to upgrade to a heat pump system. It doesn’t matter whether you’re:
- Upgrading from Electric Baseboards
- Upgrading from Oil Hot Water Baseboards
- Upgrading from an Oil Fire Forced Air Furnace
Anyone can apply so long as you’re dealing with an approved heat pump contractor.
Here are the particulars on the financing program:
Interest Rates: 7% for a term of 3-10 years.
Repayment Options: You can repay the amount at any time without penalty and you can also make a lump sum payment on your bill as well. You must call NSP when you do make a lump sum payment however and let them know you would like the lump sum amount applied to your finance amount.
Getting Approved: Sunshine Renewable Energy is an approved contractor with the Nova Scotia Power heat pump program. The first step is to arrange an in-home assessment with one of our Home Energy Specialists. They can provide you with an estimate for a heat pump upgrade to your home as well as the paper-work required to submit to Nova Scotia Power.
What is an Example Monthly Payment: A homeowner who purchases a 12,000 BTU heat pump installed for $3,700 + HST can expect to pay approximately:
- $110.64 + HST for 36 months
- $69.57 + HST for 60 months
- $42.59 + HST for 120 month
You have the option of financing your equipment and installation for 36 – 120 months. The above estimates are just to give you an idea of what a monthly price would look like.
To set a time for an in-home assessment from a Home Energy Specialist please give us a call at 902-701-9678 or complete the form to the right of this page and one of our representatives will give you a call back ASAP!