Providing a flat rate price point for the cost of a ductless mini split or ducted heat pump systems is almost impossible, but we can provide you with some guidelines on what to expect.
Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump Prices
The most popular heat pump units we install in Halifax, and across the province, are Ductless mini split units.
The cost of the equipment and installation starts at approximately $3,500 plus applicable sales tax. There are heat pump leasing options available right now through Nova Scotia Power which we can also help home owners apply for.
Here is an example of pricing on our most popular models as of August 2015. These prices can change and do not include HST.
- 12,000 BTU Fujitsu RLS3 – $3995.00
- 12,000 BTU LG Prestige – $3550.00
- 12,000 BTU Mitsubishi FE – $4400.00
- 12,000 BTU Mitsubishi FH – $4700.00
- 12,000 BTU LG Regular – $3295.00
See Related Article and Video:
What can adjust this price?
- The size of heat pump your require based on the square footage and space you’re trying to heat
- Your current electrical panel
- Additional work that could be required for mounting the head unit or installation of the exterior unit
Financing your Heat Pump Purchase
Financing is available to cover both the equipment and installation cost through Nova Scotia Power and we are approved to handle the financing applications for you should you want to explore this option. The rates are very competitive and they allow you to finance for up to 10 years.
Click here to learn more about Financing your Heat Pump purchase and installation.
Central Ducted Heat Pump System Prices
A ducted heat pump is a lot more difficult to estimate the cost. When discussing a ducted heat pump system it is usually the cost of install that varies based on:
- What if any electrical upgrades must be made
- The condition of your old ductwork
- Difficulty of removing your old furnace
See related article and video:
In all instances we encourage home owners considering a heat pump system to contact us and schedule a risk free in home assessment where we can:
- Review your current home heating equipment and energy costs
- Advise on the best equipment for your home
- Provide an exact quotation for the purchase & installation of a heat pump
- Educate you on any rebates available and financing options